Our Statement of Faith
- We believe in the divine inspiration of the Bible and that it is the ultimate authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in one God the Creator – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of a virgin, fully man, fully God.
- We believe people live a single physical existence followed by a bodily resurrection into eternity
- We believe sin alienates all people from God and unresolved, results in eternal separation from God.
- We believe that Jesus Christ through his death and resurrection provides the only way of eternal salvation for all people.
- We believe by faith in Christ, believers enter and enjoy a relationship of favour and right standing with God – the New Covenant – from which the Holy Spirit empowers right believing and living.
- We believe Christ is establishing his reign on the earth through all who willingly submit to His authority. He will return to judge the world and to complete the establishment of God’s kingdom.
- We believe Christ heads the Church through appointed leaders who exercise godly authority.
- We believe the Church consists of all faithful believers in Jesus Christ – of which the local assembly is an expression.
- We believe in water baptism and the sharing of Communion.
- We believe in the reality of the spiritual world – the existence of angels who carry out God’s purposes and the existence of Satan and his spiritual forces which oppose God’s work on the earth.
- We believe in all the works and gifts of the Holy Spirit according to the biblical witness.
- We recognise the jurisdiction of civil authorities except in matters conflicting with the biblical witness and/or conscience.
Note: These doctrines are intended as evangelical interpretations of the Old and New Testaments. Where further clarification is required, the 1979 Baptist Statement of Faith should be consulted.