Medowie Christian School (MCS) is committed to encouraging all our students to find their passion and gifting within their sporting ability. MCS has an excellent PDHPE/Sport program from K-12. We have also launched the MCS Sports Academy which is a multi faceted approach to help support our students reach their full potential.
Initiatives at MCS Sports Academy
MCS Football (Soccer) Academy
Head Coach: Daegal Richardson (Central Coast Mariners)
Training students (boys and girls) from Year 5 to Year 9.
– Our U15 teams will be entering the Bill Turner Cup.
– We are also pleased to announce we will be embarking on our first international soccer tour to Vanuatu. We will be taking a year 9 & under squad to play a number of football and futsal matches against teams in Vanuatu.
MCS Running Academy
This is open to all students, staff and parents, we meet:
– Monday after school and run our cross country track.
– The last Saturday of every month at the ‘Terrace park run‘. Join our group: ‘MCS Running Club’
– We run in the Lake Macquarie Running Festival
– We provide students with technique and sprint training during term 2 and 3.
– Term 1 – Stage 4 students only– Altitude Fitness training camp experience, Thredbo (Registrations open Term 4 2017)
– Term 2 – Stage 5 students only – Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) training camp, Canberra (Registrations open Term 1 2018)
– July holidays – Year 9 & under International (Vanuatu) Football & Futsal tour (Registrations open Term 4 2017)
Other Skill/Fitness programs
Personal Training mentoring, Cheerleading, Swimming, Equestrian, Golf, Futsal.
We offer Sports Psychology sessions to selected secondary students/teams.
To enhance our athletes and teams performances, we use SPT sports performance trackers. This gives our students excellent data to help them identify areas to work on.
Parents ‘Top 10’ tips to nurture and support your child’s sporting development
All parents want to make the right decisions for and with their child. Here are the Australian Institute of Sport top 10 tips for parents to nurture and support their child’s sporting development – CLICK HERE
We have a number of partnerships to support our students.
Terrace Physio Plus – www.terracephysioplus.com.au
Jack from Terrace Physio Plus gives students and parents 20% off physio and massage treatment. To use this benefit, please see the wonderful ladies at the front office. Terrace Physio are now situated in Raymond Terrace, Thornton and Newcastle.
Pacific Dunes – www.pacificdunes.com.au
Pacific Dunes is a beautiful Golf course in Port Stephens (Medowie), in which MCS runs its school cross country course. A huge thanks to Kurt who gives professional coaching to our students. We also use The Greenhouse Eatery a number of times during the year.
Christ Centred / Enriching Community / Nurturing Uniqueness / Inspiring Greatness